The Work Assist program is about providing workplace solutions and keeping people employed.
From time to time, things don’t go according to plan with our physical/mental health. Sometimes this can impact our ability to work which is where Work Assist comes in.
Work Assist is a free service funded by the Australian Government. Through the program we provide optimal support to help eligible employees to keep working. We also work with employers to ensure you have everything you need to support your employees.
Losing your job can impact many areas of your life. Work Assist program is all about providing workplace solutions and keeping people employed.
How we can help?
We will work with the employee and employer to find solutions such as:
- Detailed workplace assessment to determine workplace needs
- Specialised equipment or workplace modifications
- Face to face support
- Interventions such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, pain management or counselling
Who is eligible?
An employer must meet the following requirements to apply for Work Assist:
- Be currently employed
- Have worked for at least 8 hours per week on average over a consecutive 13 week period
- Be assessed by Interact as a DES provider
- Not receive assistance from another employment services provider
- Not be a full time student
- Be an Australian citizen or hold a Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa